Skip to main content

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 52. Future.

FUTURE 

Well firstly, I did it:- 52 stories in 52 weeks in 2021, some weeks were harder than others but over half of the posts were stories of my ancestors lives and about half again relate to the social history within those lives. Thanks to Amy Johnson Crow for providing the prompts for these posts, they have certainly concentrated the mind.

So where will I go with my family history story in 2022. I have signed up for next years 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks, but I thought I would only post on weeks relevent to ancestors who's stories I have yet to write up. I see, however, that there is now a monthly theme and this may be the way I go with writing up these stories. Nevertheless there are many more people with stories to write about and hopefully others ready to be discovered. Having committed to writing weekly posts, it has encouraged me to write regularly.

One big advance, will hopefully be, that I can perhaps move further forward with my Mum's birth family. We know her mothers line, but having bought her a DNA test kit, perhaps we may be able to work out who her father's family may be.

With the upcoming publication of the 1921 census, I also hope that I may discover a little more about my Grandmother's sister, who 'ran away' from home, sometime between 1911 and the 1930's.

Another project I hope to undertake is presenting my 'bestie' with a coherent book/journal about her family history, as a present for a big birthday in 2023, this should keep me busy for a while.

I think that will be enough to commit to in the upcoming year but on a more personal level I will try to be a little more Zen, with misinformation online and incorrect tree assertions, especially on Ancestry. If others aren't bothered that they have completely followed the wrong line or parents younger than their children, then that's up to them and not for me to inwardly throw my toys out of the pram about, then expend much energy, trying to convey the errors in a pleasant and constructive approach to them.

Looking in the, hopefully, more distant future.... well my particular line in the family will die out with my sister and I. Perhaps this is part of the reason why I try to uncover those stories of those 'single' women in my tree. To all intents and purposes, that is what I will become, but there is so much more to my life and with a little digging, in the far distant future, perhaps a distant member of the family will uncover the vast richness that has been a life lived rather than just a name within the line of several generations back and whilst maintaining my maiden name, there is a dusty document out there, that will indicate that this single woman did actually have a husband, but no children.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

52 Ancestors 52 Weeks: Week 12. Loss. WILLIAM & ELIZA PITTS

This is the story of my Great Grandparents, who experienced so much loss within their lives, not least the death of 4 sons before reaching adulthood and ultimately their marriage to each other. WILLIAM RICHARD PITTS , the eldest son of Thomas and Esther Pitts of Sherborne Gloucestershire, b. 11 Sept 1876 married ELIZA DEANEY , the daughter of Frank and Ann Deaney nee Dean of Holmer Green, Buckinghamshire b. 5 April 1878. From the agricultural rural areas of English countryside by 1900,William  had found his way to London, probably to obtain work. On thE 4th August 1900 William and Eliza were married at Eliza's local parish church in Little Missenden, Buckinghamshire. Little Missenden Church British History Online                                                                                                                                           crown copyright. Married life started in Paddington, in the 1901 census they are living at Hall Place in Paddington, William is working

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Week 31. Favourite Name.

EUGENIE MARIA MARY CRETON JAY  The Affair: An 1875 engraving shows a man snooping on his wife as she meets with her lover …   This weeks theme is difficult, it is like picking a favourite child. I rather like my 2x Great Grandmother's middle and chosen name, Rosella, but I have already written about her in a previous post:  52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: Mothers Day (mypynthdev.blogspot.com)   Incidently my mother said, if she had known the name before I was born she would have chosen it for me. I'm not sure how I would have felt about that as child/teenager. Another name that has drawn me over the years is Catherine Sophia Lissa Woodley and whilst she had, in my opinion, a lovely name, she has an interesting story of her own to tell, I have already written her story:  Catherine Sophia Lissa Woodley: Sister of Mercy (mypynthdev.blogspot.com) So who have I chosen for this weeks post? Well she does have a nice name, but I have for some reason been drawn to her, since starting my resea

52 Ancestors 52 Weeks: Week 14. Great. ANN DEANEY nee DEAN

  Having already written about both pairs of my paternal blood GREAT-GRANDPARENTS. I decided to look at my ancestors who reached a 'great age'.  Although there is no-one who has reached 100, there are several who have reached their 90's. My adoptive Grandmother died aged 96. I am eternally grateful to her doctor who identified 'old age' as the cause of death, with heart failure as a secondary cause. For me, there is something reassurring when you see 'old age' as it implies a life lived rather than disease endured. My Great Grandfather's second wife reached the age of 98, but I am focusing on my 2x Great Grandmother ANN DEANEY nee DEAN , who reached the age of 99. * Note the surname Deaney is often interchanged with the name Daney and documents may be found under either spelling. For the purpose of this blog and ease of reading all sunames are identified as Deaney. ANN DEAN 1855-1954    Ann was the 2nd of 10 children and eldest daughter of William &